1. Target an industry that is ripe for disruption.
2. Identify a disruption strategy.
3. Find a new tribe / new value.
4. Fight from within. Don’t try and disrupt a mature industry from the outside.
5. Exploit your size. Large organizations, despite them being full of smart people, are vulnerable to disruption because of the very things that have made them large and profitable: by focusing on shareholder return. They tend to repeat what is working and often hesitate to innovate for fear of losing existing customers. Start-ups, by comparison, can operate with speed and urgency, make decisions with incomplete information.